Seitan made from wheat flour
Seitan also called as wheat gluten is a wheat protein that can be transformed into mock meat, and is becoming increasingly popular in recent years. It poses a fantastic alternative to meat (mainly in texture, but also in flavor, if seasoned right) .
How to make seitan at home from wheat flour?
The seitan making process is simple, but does take some time.
1. Combine flour and water. Mix until a stiff-but-cohesive dough is formed. Use a dough hook and a stand mixer if possible.
2. Form dough into a ball, place in a bowl, and cover with cold water. Cover and let stand 4-8 hours.
3. Knead the dough and rinse until water runs clear, about 10 minutes. Squeeze dough and press out as much liquid and air as possible. Use a sharp knife or a bench scraper to cut the gluten into bite-sized pieces.
4. Combine ingredients for broth (or use your preferred vegetable stock) and bring to a boil. Drop gluten pieces into boiling broth and return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, turning gluten pieces occasionally, until the broth is mostly absorbed and reduced, about 30 minutes. Discard onion and tomato pieces.
5. To use seitan right away, drain and sauté in a little oil. To store, cover with broth and keep refrigerated up to a week, or frozen. Thicken and reduce broth as a gravy if desired.
The above is the way of making seitan at home . It take much time and only can make samll amount seitan per batch . If you want to make big quantity seitan from wheat flour for business , our company has professional seitan making machine . Our seitan making machine has different model to reach different customer requirement .
Get Support or Price!
If you want to get more information and offer of the equipment,leave us message online,we will reply as soon as possible !