What's the uses and composition of high fructose corn syrup?
Used in Food Industry
HFCS is among the sweeteners that mostly replaced sucrose (table sugar) in the food industry. Factors include production quotas of domestic sugar, import tariff on foreign sugar, and subsidies of U.S. corn, raising the price of sucrose and lowering that of HFCS, making it cheapest for many sweetener applications.The relative sweetness of HFCS 55, used most commonly in soft drinks, is comparable to sucrose.
Because of its superficially similar sugar profile and lower price, HFCS has been used illegally to "stretch" honey. Assays to detect adulteration with HFCA use differential scanning calorimetry and other advanced testing methods
Composition of HFCS
HFCS is 24% water, the rest mainly fructose and glucose with 0–5% unprocessed glucose oligomers,HFCS 55 (≈55% fructose if water were removed) is mostly used in soft drinks; HFCS 42 is used in beverages, processed foods, cereals, and baked goods. HFCS-90 has some niche uses but mainly mixed with HFCS 42 to make HFCS 55.
Leave a Message About What's the uses and composition of high fructose corn syrup?
- What is potato starch production process?
- What is the process of potato starch production plant ?
- How starch is made from cassava?
- How potato starch is made?
- Sweet potato production technology for starch
- How to produce potato starch?
- How to extract starch from potato？
- How to extract potato starch from fresh potato ?
- How to make sweet potato starch?
- How to extract starch from sweet potato ?
Leave a message